[mk_page_section full_width=”true” sidebar=”sidebar-1″]
PROSECTRA – CHILD B.A.S.E. CAMP
Established in 2009 Prosectra Child BASE Camps specialize in providing children with easy to learn, realistic and age appropriate self-defence and educational training. BASE stands for Bullying, Awareness, Safety, Emergencies and this camp not only aims to develop realistic tactics that will keep them safe during their adolescent life but also to develop their confidence, self-esteem, awareness and physical fitness, leading to a healthier, happier and more successful adult life.
Numerous international schools have embraced the unique teaching methodologies of Prosectra Child BASE and many of our programs have been incorporated into these schools’ extra-curricular activities schedule. We also on a regular basis conduct workshops, courses, seminars and summer camps throughout Europe and Africa. Our programs offer students a well-rounded opportunity to develop their bodies and minds to gain skills that will propel them to success in both the physical and academic aspects of education—and life.
World-class instructors – Leaders in child safety and passionate about educating young people!
All our instructors are qualified and capable martial arts competitors and educators in their own right. With vast teaching experience, including teaching children’s safety and self-defence after school programs throughout numerous international schools in Budapest, Hungary and regularly instructing in workshops, seminars and camps internationally, our instructors are leaders in children’s safety tactics and techniques and eager to pass on the wealth of knowledge they have gained through their studies and experiences.
All our instructors have grown up with training in martial arts and self-defence, participating in children’s programs themselves. Their passion and enthusiasm for working with children and helping young people enjoy and learn from realistic and effective safety and self-defence training as they have, is what sets them apart from the rest. We keep our instructor-student ratio to a low level, ensuring safety and an effective learning environment. Because of the physical nature of our training, the hands-on and personal approach we are renowned for is the most effective way for students to learn.
WHY – CHOOSE OUR B.A.S.E. CAMP?
The Prosectra Child BASE Camp was created entirely for KIDS and gives them skills that they can use NOW as kids! We will teach children how to develop the ability to think more accurately about safety related situations they may find themselves in and increase real confidence in their own ability to stay safe in all areas of their life.
The content experts behind the development of our Child BASE Camp include graduates with a PhD, people with expertise in Emergency Management and Planning, self-defence and personal protection experts, security training specialists and child psychologists.
People on the verge of committing a criminal act will be nervous – nervous about being caught, nervous about getting what they want or nervous about being hurt. Some violent criminals may be able to hide this better than others but invariably there will be some form of nonverbal signs or signals leaking out. Most people know and understand what type of behavior is normal when browsing in a shop, sitting in a restaurant or riding on the subway and this is even truer the more familiar with the environment you are. Therefore having good situational awareness will draw your attention towards people whose behavior is abnormal or inconsistent with their environment. This doesn’t mean that people exhibiting “abnormal behavior” are automatically a threat but they are certainly worthy of your attention.
This camp is well renowned globally and students include the children of Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt who absolutely loved the techniques taught and stated that the training was the most enjoyable they have ever received. Like for their children, we will teach your child to respond appropriately to the unique challenges they face every day. Kids will learn to be aware of their surroundings, project confidence, set boundaries and trust their intuition.
BULLYING – PREVENTION
Unfortunately, bullying has become a common experience for many children and adolescents all around the world. Bullying in fact, may be the leading cause of low self-esteem in children today.
Statistics indicate that as many as 50% of all children are bullied at some point during their school years and only 15% of these children actually reported the abuse.
The PROSECTRA CHILD BA.S.E. CAMP will teach your child how to de-escalate confrontations with bullies using verbal assertiveness and never to initiate any physical aggression. If physically attacked by a bully, children will learn specialized techniques to non-violently neutralize the attack and gain control of the situation until either assistance from bystanders/educators arrives or the bully is too exhausted to continue the attack.
The Bullying Prevention component has 5 main objectives:
• Develop Confident Kids: A self-confident child is less likely to be targeted by bullies – bullies love an easy target! Our training increases confidence by firstly teaching physical techniques that will neutralize attacks of much larger children and secondly, giving children the verbal techniques that will give them the skills to deal with bullying in various situations.
• Build Awareness & Understanding: Torment from bullies can be both physical and verbal. Our training teaches your child to recognize and respond to the most common physical and verbal bully behaviours through a series of specific role-playing exercises.
• Develop Defensive Not Offensive Tactics: We don’t teach children to punch and kick their way out of a difficult situation. At PROSECTRA we understand that if a child uses violence to overcome violence this will not only have an enormous detrimental effect on their childhood, but they will most likely take a ‘violence is sometimes acceptable’ strategy into their adult life also. We do not incorporate any striking techniques into our Bullying Prevention component. All techniques are based on leverage and maximize the child’s power whilst using their opponents power against them.
• Improve Skills for Life: As well as increasing verbal and physical self-defence skills, our training helps children develop and practice a wide range of transferable skills. Social skills, confidence, discipline, focus, conflict resolution, resilience, respect, responsibility, manners, a caring attitude, team work, leadership and communication skills are developed through our Bullying prevention component. These are not skills children are born with or can learn in an academic sense by simply reading or talking about them. Our training provides an opportunity to learn about and practice these skills under the watchful and supportive eye of our dedicated instructors.
• Create a Healthy Mind and Body: It has never been more important for children to stay active. Aside from teaching your child skills that will last a lifetime, our training provides your child with a fun and energetic workout that also develops locomotor movement skills.
STRANGER – AWARENESS
The Stranger Awareness component aims to protect kids from abduction attempts by teaching them what to watch out for, by preparing them with skills before they are old enough to venture out into the world without adult protection and by ensuring they receive the best instruction and information available.
Just telling children about safety or just showing children what to do is not enough. When we just talk to children about danger, their raised awareness can actually raise their level of anxiety. Kids learn best by actively participating. Our training will increase their confidence and competence. We know that it is important to do this in a way that is not frightening to kids, but lots of fun.
DEVELOPING A SAFETY PLAN
We will teach your child about the strategies used by kidnappers to abduct children:
• AT SCHOOL – children will learn simple safety habits that will ensure they stay safe during school hours and critical safety aspects that are needed to keep them safe at a popular time for abductions, before and after school.
• ON THE STREET – we will teach children what responses are required when someone approaches them in a car and the most common tricks used by kidnappers. Children will learn how to develop a safety plan if suddenly lost in a crowded place like a shopping Centre.
• AT HOME – children will learn about the special safety related rules that apply to answering the telephone and front door.
• ON THE INTERNET – we will teach children about the 4 house rules that all families should have regarding internet use and how dangerous kidnappers can easily disguise themselves as children on the internet.
DEVELOPING VERBAL & PHYSICAL ABILITIES!
The Stranger Awareness component will empower and prepare any child of any size and any gender to avoid dangerous situations, threatening strangers or predators in the first place. If your child is attacked, our training clearly instructs kids how to instantly respond to the danger, how to attract attention and how to instinctively stun the attacker long enough to escape.
ACTIVE – SHOOTER SAFETY
Unfortunately, this is a topic we can’t shy away from or pretend isn’t relevant, so we will dedicate a component the camp to this topic.
Our brains are hard-wired to think things are normal. This is why bystanders and witnesses will stand frozen instead of moving into action. The brain can take a while to adjust to the idea something odd is going on. In simple terms; the body will not go where the mind has not been.
We will teach children to Escape or Deny, and as a last resort to Attack Back effectively in a way that is fun and interactive, but that still gives them a higher chance of survival in a critical incident.
FIRE & EMERGENCIES
To be good at something, you must practice. Well, don’t worry. Practicing fire safety has never been so much fun.
Some think that fire safety is simply knowing what to do if your clothes catch on fire. Well, that is part of it. Fire safety is everything you need to know to be safe, to make your home safe, and knowing what to do if ever a fire starts in your home.
Prosectra will teach the “Three Ps” of fire safety; Prevent, Plan and Practice. Don’t be surprised if your child comes home and ask you to point out all the fire extinguishers and smoke detectors in your home, and ask you about the family emergency plan…
THE PROSECTRA – CHILD B.A.S.E. OBJECTIVE
Not only do we train children to be able to physically protect themselves against all manner of threats and dangers they may face during their everyday lives at home, at school or on the street, we also train them to have the same level of awareness to prevent situations from ever getting critical.
We teach kids how to understand their environment and identify potential threats and dangers within it.
To conduct a Prosectra Child B.A.S.E. Camp for your organization, please contact us for more information.