[mk_page_section full_width=”true” sidebar=”sidebar-1″]
ARE YOU PREPARED?
Welcome to the Surviving Active Shooter Training (SAS-T) webpage. Active shooter incidents are often unpredictable and evolve quickly. In the midst of the chaos, anyone can play an integral role in mitigating the impacts of an active shooter incident. Most organizations are not adequately prepared to protect their personnel from these types of consistently rising threats. Is your workplace one of them?
YOUR UNIQUE ORGANIZATION
PROSECTRA understands that your organization is unique, and your Surviving Active Shooter Training (SAS-T) should therefore be designed for you specifically. Our training is created to be effectively taught in a short amount of time no matter what experience you have.
- The course is created by an expert on active shooter survival, with active shooter training.
- “Critical window” training focused on the initial moment the shooting starts to when the shooter is stopped or the Police arrive.
- The program comes with professional step by step workbook and office poster.
- The PROSECTRA Surviving Active Shooter Training (SAS-T) is an international training curriculum taught around the world.
The objectives of the pre-study elearning module is to:
- Bring all participants to the same level prior to the practical workshop
- Increase the overall level of awareness of the threat
- Give a basic understanding of your survival responses
The objectives of the practical workshop are to:
- Increase awareness of your overall security readiness
- Develop a better understanding of the Active Shooter threat
- Understand the characteristics of the individuals carrying out mass shootings
- Better understand the incident by analyzing real life events
- Understand the Active Shooter threat specifically for your country
- Develop a better awareness of your office strengths and weaknesses
- Develop a survival mindset for all emergencies
- Develop survival strategies for an active shooting
- Understanding that “MOVE” is your only option whether escaping, barricading or fighting back
- Learn to develop Action Plans whether alone or within a group
- Develop an understanding of firearms & cover vs concealment
- Learn how to behave when security forces arrive
- Put theory into practise within your office when faced with an Active Shooter
The Surviving Active Shooter Training provided by PROSECTRA
is designed to:
- Clarify roles & responsibilities
- Reveal strengths & weaknesses
- Improve coordination
- Identify resource issues & assess capability
- Promotes teamwork & builds confidence
START AT HOME!
PROSECTRA has developed the world-leading eLearning module Surviving an Active Shooter. Blended learning is that perfect combination of our online eLearning content and in-person skills sessions. This allows PROSECTRA to deliver a blended learning program. It starts with pre-study eLearning, ensuring all students have achieved a minimum standard and start at the same level.
EVOLVE IN THE CLASSROOM!
The classroom theoretical session contains presentations, analysis, open discussions, individual exercises and group work. The focus is to increase awareness of the Active Shooter threat, develop a survival mindset to make the right first critical decision and what options are available to increase survival whether the Active Shooter is outside the building, inside the building or entering your office location.
FINISH WITH AN EXERCISE!
Our walk-through / talk-through exercise, takes participants through their building where we discuss different scenarios. ”If you heard gunfire now, where could you run to?”, “How can you best barricade this room?”, “What is your plan to fight if a shooter enters the room” etc. This then becomes considered learning in a safe environment, where suggestions and plans are implanted when the brain is in a rational mode. This will allow for easier recall of the skills and knowledge in a crisis.
For more information please contact us.