You may find yourself in situations where you need to attempt to defuse aggressive, angry people. This course will teach you to recognize anger in others, and what you can do to de-escalate that anger.
Running Time: 60 mins.
Instructor: Robert Goris
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand how respectful behaviours reduce vulnerability.
- Explore how principles which work to redirect and de-escalate aggression.
- Understand the emotions of anger.
- Recognize anger in others.
- Learn related support skills used to defuse anger.
- Recognize common phrases that evoke anger and how to counter them to prevent anger.
- Learn specific behavioural approaches and communication skills which de-escalate anger and hostility through nonverbal, listening and speaking skills.