Breathing emergencies block the airway in a casualty and are life threatening. They can occur during an accident or a sudden illness.
A breathing emergency can frighten a casualty and worsen his situation if the first aider does not provide prompt care.
This module explains how to recognize the breathing emergencies in a casualty and the basics of providing care to a casualty with a breathing difficulty. The module will also explain how to care for a casualty experiencing a respiratory distress and respiratory arrest.
Running Time: 45 mins.
Instructor: Robert Goris
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Explain breathing emergencies.
- List different breathing emergencies.
- Explain the first aid measures for choking.
- Explain rescue breathing.
- Explain the signs of heart attack.
- Explain the signs of cardiac arrest.
- Describe the first aid measures for cardiac emergencies.