This course will look at First Aid in conflict zones. We will look at bleeding and shock in general, and then bullet wounds and crush injuries.
Severe bleeding and shock are life threatening emergencies. Bleeding is not only external, but some injuries can cause internal bleeding. Therefore, it is important to understand the signs of bleeding and shock in a casualty. Promptly identifying the symptoms will help a first aider provide appropriate care and save the casualty’s life.
Running Time: 60 mins.
Instructor: Robert Goris
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- List the signs of external and internal bleeding.
- Describe first aid care for bleeding and shock.
- Explain care for chest wounds.
- Explain care for abdominal wounds.
- Understand the signs of head and spinal injuries.
- Explain care for crush injuries.