First of all, the chances of you being kidnapped or taken hostage are quite small. If it does happen, your chances of survival are very high. The act of kidnapping is a terrifying experience, but you will come to realize that you possess more personal resources than you might think to cope with the situation. It is important to remember that you are of value to those who are holding you only if you are alive, and they want to keep you that way.
Although each hostage case is different, they typically follow the same phases; surveillance, capture, holding, release, and a post release phase. This course will go into detail of your responses to improve your survival chances if taken hostage.
Running Time: 75 mins.
Instructor: Robert Goris
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand how to reduce your risk from being taken
- Understand the motivations for hostage taking
- Prepare yourself for a hostage case
- Understand the five phases of a hostage case
- Deploy techniques to improve your survival chance if taken hostage
- Understand what measures should be taken after release from captivity