You are responsible for your own security; not the police, not the Government, not the military, you are. For this simple fact, you cannot rely on law enforcement and other security forces to provide enough security for you. The police and government will help but to stay safe, you must contribute as much to your own safety and security as possible. Make it easy for the security services by doing your part.
This means that you should become your own security officer and be proactive in your security approach, nobody will take this initiative for you. It will ultimately remain your choice whether you become knowledgeable about your environment, the threats you will face and your recommended security precautions. You need to implement your own systems, procedures and countermeasures to reduce your risk profile. This course will help you do this.
Running Time: 50 mins.
Instructor: Robert Goris
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand risk awareness and how to use it to your benefit
- Understand the importance of staying street smart
- Recall the crime triangle and the survival triangle
- Recall the security awareness colour codes
- Detect pre-attack indicators in criminal behaviour
- Understand how fear influences us biologically and psychologically
- Manage fear in frightening situations
- Develop a survival mindset