A very important aspect of fighting against domestic violence and abuse is to realize what the signs and symptoms of a violent and abusive relationship are. One must keep in mind that there are not only physical consequences of this violence but also emotional and psychological consequences. There could of course be several signs that suggest that a relationship is violent and abusive. The most prominent being that there is fear from your partner or the other person. The victim may have a feeling that she is walking on eggshells around the perpetrator, with a constant feeling of loneliness, self-loathing, helplessness and anxiety. This course will focus on identifying and managing domestic violence.
Running Time: 35 mins.
Instructor: Robert Goris
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Recognize the signs of domestic violence
- Understand the barriers to leaving a relationship
- Understand how the cycle of abuse occurs
- Recall what resources are available for the victims
- Understand the typical interventions against domestic abuse that are available