Street crime is, together with medical problems, perhaps the most common threat to travellers worldwide. Street crime is most of the time not personal; thieves are not there to target you, you might simply represent an easy target. The same principles of security exist while on the street as anywhere else. You must aim to diminish any criminal’s opportunity to commit a crime against you as much as possible. It is therefore essential that you take certain precautions. This course aims to provide you with specific information on how to avoid becoming a victim of crime while staying abroad.
Running Time: 30 mins.
Instructor: Robert Goris
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand why street crimes are common when traveling
- Understand the survival triangle
- Recall what you should do if you suspect you are being followed
- Understand where to carry valuables
- Recall how to behave if attacked