[mk_page_section full_width=”true” sidebar=”sidebar-1″]
SURVIVING ACTIVE SHOOTER TRAINING (SAS-T)
Welcome to the Surviving Active Shooter Training (SAS-T) webpage. Active shooter incidents are often unpredictable and evolve quickly. In the midst of the chaos, anyone can play an integral role in mitigating the impacts of an active shooter incident. Most organizations are not adequately prepared to protect their personnel from these types of consistently rising threats. Is your workplace one of them?
YOUR UNIQUE ORGANIZATION
PROSECTRA understands that your organization is unique, and your Surviving Active Shooter Training (SAS-T) should therefore be designed for you specifically. Our training is created to be effectively taught in a short amount of time no matter what experience you have.
- The course is created by an expert on active shooter survival, with active shooter training.
- “Critical window” training focused on the initial moment the shooting starts to when the shooter is stopped or the Police arrive.
- The program comes with professional step by step workbook and pocket card.
- The PROSECTRA Surviving Active Shooter Training (SAS-T) is an international training curriculum taught around the world.
START AT HOME. EVOLVE IN THE CLASSROOM. FINISH WITH AN EXERCISE.
PROSECTRA has developed the world-leading, Award Winning e-Learning module of Active Shooter Survival. Blended learning is that perfect combination of our online e-Learning content and in-person skills sessions. This allows PROSECTRA to deliver a blended learning program. It starts with e-Learning, ensuring all student have achieved a minimum standard. Our certified instructors can now spend less time in the classroom and spend more time focusing on scenarios and drills. Hence, learners come to the classroom already prepared with foundational knowledge from our e-Learning training. This again allows, the workshop component to be efficient; no need to bring everyone to the same level. Because the workshop component is efficient, the exercise component brings everyone to a high level of awareness and understanding.
DEVELOPING YOUR PHYSICAL ABILITY
The physical techniques in the Close Quarter Defense program are suitable for men and women with no previous martial arts or self-defense experience (and all fitness levels), and are designed to get the novice or beginner to a high state of proficiency in the shortest possible time. We teach techniques according to principles and concepts, rather than just straight repetition. This speeds up and enhances the learning process. Our training is scenario based, so we explain how particular situations develop and why an aggressor will attack or threaten in a particular way.
LEVEL 1: DEFENDING THE MOST COMMON ATTACKS FROM ACROSS AND AROUND THE DESK
- you will learn defenses to strikes, wrist/shirt grabs and chokes from an aggressor who suddenly attacks you while seated behind your desk
LEVEL 2: DEFENDING WHEN PUSHED TO THE GROUND
- If the attacker rushes you from around the desk he can easily push you to the ground while still seated in your chair. You will learn defenses to choke and strike attacks from your back so you can quickly get to your feet.
LEVEL 3: DEFENDING WHEN STANDING IN A CORNER OR IN A TIGHT SPACE
- you will learn specific defenses when stuck in a corner and faced with a violent attacking aggressor when either standing or on the ground
LEVEL 4: UTILIZING EVERYDAY ITEMS FROM YOUR DESK AS SELF-DEFENSE TOOLS
- you will learn how to use items such as a stapler, coffee cup, pen, PC keyboard or your chair as improvised self-defense tools to distract, disorientate or disable the aggressor long enough for you to escape